Animal Control Services

If you are having an issue with a domestic or wild animal, please contact the Department by calling the York County Communications Center non-emergency number at (717) 854-5571.  Upon speaking to a dispatcher, advise them of your address and the issue you are having and a police officer or animal control officer will be dispatched to assist you.  Our agency contracts with Klugh Animal Control to handle various animal complaints.  For their direct contact information, please click here to negotiate to their website.

Please see the Lower Windsor Township Animal Ordinance below.

Reporting a Dead Deer:

Should you come across a dead deer on or along the roadway, please call 911 to report the location.

Animal Cruelty:

To report animal cruelty, please contact the York County SPCA.  The best way to contact them is through their website at  They are a volunteer organization so please be patient with a response.  However, you can always call 9-1-1 if it is a true emergency and they will dispatch the Humane Officer.

PDF icon ord._2004-10_animal_ord.pdf