Firework Usage / Tipline Information
The York City Police Department would like to remind citizens about the dangers of fireworks and inform the community on conditions of their use. While state law does allow for the use of consumer grade fireworks, this usage does come with some restrictions. Below are some of the restrictions on the use of fireworks:
- Must be at least 18 years of age to purchase, possess, and use fireworks.
- Fireworks may not be ignited or discharged within 150 feet of an occupied structure.
- Fireworks may not be ignited or discharged by a person who is under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance.
- Fireworks may not be ignited or discharged on public or private property without the permission of the owner.
- Fireworks may not be ignited or discharged from within a motor vehicle or building.
- Fireworks may not be ignited or discharged into or at a motor vehicle, building, or at another person.
It is especially important that fireworks are not used near an occupied structure. The hot summer temperatures create very dry conditions which can cause a firework to ignite a structure. Therefore, it is important to use fireworks with extreme caution and in accordance to state law.
The York City Police Department will be actively enforcing any fireworks violations.
Anyone with information can firework submit a tip in any of the following ways. Tips can be anonymous.
Submit a Tip
Instructions for submitting tips:
1) Click on submit a tip
2) Fill out all available boxes
York City Police Tip Line at 717-849- 2204
York City Police Department at 717-846-1234