On December 20, 2016 at approximately 9:43 PM, police were called to an armed robbery at the Family Dollar located at 1025 Mt. Rose Avenue in Spring Garden Township. As a result of an on-going investigation into the incident, police have filed charges against Mr. Victor Manuel Carrasquillo-Benitez, age 44, of York, PA. These charges were filed on Thursday March 9, 2017, in District Court #19-2-05, for the following offenses:
- Robbery - Inflict Serious Bodily Injury (1 Count) (Felony 1)
- Robbery - Take Property from Others by Force (1 Count) (Felony 3)
- Theft by Unlawful Taking or Disposition (1 Count) (Felony 3)
- Receiving Stolen Property (1 Count) (Felony 3)
- Possession of Firearm Prohibited ( 1 Count) (Felony 2)
- False Imprisonment ( 2 Counts) (Misdemeanor 2)
The defendant, Mr. Carrasquillo-Benitez is currently in York County Prison on unrelated charges and his arraignment is scheduled for next week.