The Newberry Township Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of POLICE OFFICER.
Interested applicants must return a completed application packet to the Newberry Township Police Department no later than: Monday, August 31, 2020 at 4:00 PM. Applications can be obtained at the Newberry Township Police Department or downloaded from the police departments website.
• 2020 probationary starting salary of $67,000, after one year $73,000, Five year base salary is $84,000
• Pension, dental, prescription, vision, medical, life insurance, paid vacation, paid personal days, court time, longevity pay and uniforms provided.
• Minimum of 21 years of age
• United States Citizen
• Valid motor vehicle operator’s license
• Applicants must possess hearing and vision in compliance with established MPOETC criteria
• High School diploma or GED
• Act 120 certification or currently enrolled in the police academy
The Newberry Township Police Department is committed to a drug-free workplace. Therefore, applicants seeking employment who currently are using illegal drugs will be found unsuitable for employment. The following policy sets forth the criteria for determining whether prior drug use makes an applicant unsuitable for employment.
- An applicant, who has used any illegal drugs while employed in any law enforcement or prosecutorial position, or while employed in a position of public trust, will be found unsuitable for employment.
- An applicant who is discovered to have misrepresented his/her drug history will be found unsuitable for employment.
- An applicant who has participated in the manufacturing or distributing of any illegal drug at any time will be found unsuitable for employment.
- An applicant who has used any illegal drug (including non-prescription use of anabolic steroids), other than marijuana, within the last five (5) years may be found unsuitable for employment.
- An applicant who has used marijuana within the last three (3) years may be found unsuitable for employment.
- Evidence demonstrating repeated use of any drug or chemical substance with such frequency that it appears the applicant has or had accepted the use and / or reliance upon the substance as part of a pattern of behavior will be found unsuitable for employment.
- Illegal drug use outside the above standards will be considered on a case by case basis in accordance with the drug policy of the law enforcement agency being considered for employment.
Newberry Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation nor non-disqualifying physical or mental disability.