ADMIN. ASSISTANT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Newberry Township Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Administrative. Applications are being accepted until Tuesday, June 1st, 2021.
Candidates should possess the ability to communicate effectively and professionally. In addition, candidates should have skills and efficiency with Microsoft Office programs and other computer software. Required is the ability to perform data entry, filing, multi-task, pass a full background, criminal history check, possess a positive work history, and a high school diploma or GED.
• 2021 starting salary of $36,400
• Pension, dental, prescription, vision, medical, life insurance, paid vacation, and paid personal days are provided.
The Newberry Township Police Department is committed to a drug-free workplace. Therefore, applicants seeking employment who currently are using illegal drugs will be found unsuitable for employment. The following policy sets forth the criteria for determining whether prior drug use makes an applicant unsuitable for employment.
- An applicant, who has used any illegal drugs while employed in any law enforcement or prosecutorial position, or while employed in a position of public trust, will be found unsuitable for employment.
- An applicant who is discovered to have misrepresented his/her drug history will be found unsuitable for employment.
- An applicant who has participated in the manufacturing or distributing of any illegal drug at any time will be found unsuitable for employment.
- An applicant who has used any illegal drug (including non-prescription use of anabolic steroids), other than marijuana, within the last five (5) years may be found unsuitable for employment.
- An applicant who has used marijuana within the last three (3) years may be found unsuitable for employment.
- Evidence demonstrating repeated use of any drug or chemical substance with such frequency that it appears the applicant has or had accepted the use and / or reliance upon the substance as part of a pattern of behavior will be found unsuitable for employment.
- Illegal drug use outside the above standards will be considered on a case-by-case basis in accordance with the drug policy of the law enforcement agency being considered for employment.
Newberry Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation nor non-disqualifying physical or mental disability.
Interested applicants must return a completed application packet to the Newberry Township Police Department no later than: Tuesday June 1, 2021 at 4:00 PM.