**UPDATE** Trick or Treat Moved to Friday Night
Due to the threat of severe weather tonight, Fairview Township is moving Trick or Treat to Friday night, November 1st. The times will still be from 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm.
Trick or Treat in Fairview Township is taking place on Halloween which is Thursday, October 31st from 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm. Trick or Treat will be held rain or shine. Due to the date of Halloween this year, most (but not all) local municipalities will hold Trick or Treat on Halloween itself. Neighboring New Cumberland Borough and Lower Allen Township will have Trick or Treat on the same night as Fairview. Newberry Township held their Trick or Treat last week.
Please be aware there will be young children out and about. We want to remind drivers to slow down and be on the lookout for the trick or treaters. Remember that kids get excited and can do unpredictable things. Motorists should drive like they assume a child may run out into the street.
Here are a few tips that parents should follow for the big night to try and keep their kids safe.
- Carefully supervise younger children as they go from house to house. Don't assume your child will look for cars when they go to cross the street.
- Trick or treat in areas you are familiar with.
- When possible, utilize light colored costumes, reflective tape/stickers, glow sticks and flashlights to help make your children more visible.
- Try to use face paint instead of masks which can obstruct a child's vision.
- Make sure that your child's costume fits properly in order to prevent tripping and falling.
- Examine all candy and treats before your child starts to eat them.
Please know that the Fairview Township Police Department will have extra officers on duty for Trick or Treat to help make it a safe and fun evening for the kids.