Trick or Treat
Trick or Treat in Fairview Township is taking place on Halloween, Wednesday October 31st, from 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm. Due to the date of Halloween this year, most (but not all) local municipalities will hold Trick or Treat either on Halloween itself or on Thursday October 25th. Neighboring New Cumberland Borough will have Trick or Treat on the same night as Fairview; however, Newberry and Lower Allen Townships will be having theirs on Thursday October 25th.
Please be aware there will be young children out and about both evenings. We want to remind drivers to slow down and be on the lookout for the trick or treaters. Remember that kids get excited and can do unpredictable things. Motorists should drive like they assume a child may run out into the street.
Here are a few tips that parents should follow for the big night.
- Carefully supervise younger children as they go from house to house. Don't assume your child will look for cars when they go to cross the street.
- Trick or treat in areas you are familiar with.
- When possible, utilize light colored costumes, reflective tape/stickers, glow sticks and flashlights to help make your children more visible.
- Try to use face paint instead of masks which can obstruct a child's vision.
- Make sure that your child's costume fits properly in order to prevent tripping and falling.
- Examine all candy and treats before your child starts to eat them.
For those who do not live in an area with sidewalks or who may want to try something different, Trunk or Treat will be held at Roof Park beside the municipal building on Lewisberry road on Halloween, also between 6:00-8:00 pm. Some local churches and our emergency services will be present at this event handing out candy to the Trick or Treaters.
Please know that the Fairview Township Police Department will have extra officers on duty for Trick or Treat to help make it a safe and fun evening for the kids.